Using natural stone is an investment in your home and property.
Follow these simple care tips to to preserve your investment for years to come:
- Use a mild non-acidic soap with water and dry the surface immediately after cleaning.
- Use a white or non-dyed cloth to prevent dyes leaching into your stone.
- Keep the area around your stove and sink clean. These areas are the most susceptible to oil and grease, which will be absorbed over time and will darken your new counters.
- Use cutting boards, coasters, and trivets to protect your countertops from scratches, stains and burns.
- As natural stone is porous all spills should be cleaned up immediately. For spills such as red wine, blot the surface with a clean, dry cloth (wiping will only spread the spill over a larger area) then treat with a stone cleaner.
- To avoid residue build-up, we recommend using a stone cleaner a few times a week. Use a properly formulated cleaning solution for optimum maintenance.
- Once a year, clean and dry your stone. Then apply a new coat of sealer.
Never use the following on natural stone as they may cause damage:
- Acid-based Cleaners
- Window Cleaner
- Abrasive Cleaning Powders, Gels or Pads
If you need more information about how to maintain natural stone or where to find the best stone cleaning products in Victoria, please feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help.
Exotic Stone Showcase Boutique
Boutique Showroom: 549 Herald St, Victoria, BC
Open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
For after hours inquiries call 250-889-6698
#1 - 3956 Quadra Street, Victoria, BC
Open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm. Evening and weekend appointments available upon request.